Here’s our tried and tested, used and abused, hard-earned kit list. This is everything we carry on our indefinite round-the-world motorcycle trip.
Packing for a never-ending round-the-world motorcycle ride wasn’t going to be easy. We started overloaded and over-packed… and we’re still overloaded and over-packed today. It’s natural, everyone overpacks at home and either chucks it on the road or posts half of their stuff back. We’re still finding ways of doubling items up and sending stuff home. But here’s what we’re down to today.
Adventure Riding Gear
- Riding Suit: We each have a lightweight and vented jacket and trousers. We remove the thermal and waterproof lining from each and leave them at home.
- Waterproofs: Cheap throw-over waterproof jackets and trousers (around £15 per set)
- Boots: Altberg military boots (review). They’re lightweight and act as both our riding and walking boots for hiking and trekking
- Gloves: One pair of cold weather gloves and one pair of hot weather gloves
- Neck tube: Handy for riding in hot and cold conditions and doubles up as a hat when camping. We carry a neck scarf each.
- Helmet: We use the Schuberth E1 (review). Check out our 10 BEST Adventure Bike Helmets of 2020 Guide
Choosing Your Adventure Riding Gear
- Sub Zero thermal down jacket. We use this under our motorbike jacket if it gets cold and can also use it when walking around towns or hiking. It has a double usage (hence why we chucked the thermal liner), compresses and stuffs into a small bag when not in use.
- Three pairs of riding socks
- One pair of lightweight hiking trousers and one pair of shorts
- Four t-shirts
- One pair of flip flops (we use our riding boots for long walks, or if it’s cold, and our flip flops for everything else
How to Pack for a Motorcycle Adventure
- First aid kit
- Ukulele (because why not)
- Small compass
- Mobile phone
- Camera and GoPro
- Memory cards
The Motorcycle Travel Photography Gear List
The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear List
- We have a pretty comprehensive tool kit, which allows us to fix most things on the bike. Check out our Ultimate Tool Kit guide as it lists all the equipment and tools we use to keep our bike going. (Kriega Tool Roll Review).
- Spare fuel and water carried in a Rotopax -we no longer use the Rotopax system.
- Abus Granite lock (review) – we’ve recently stopped using this big heavy lock and now use a cheap cable lock instead.
- Pac Safe mesh net (review) we’ve also stopped using the PacSafe mesh net as well.
- Mr Funnel petrol filter (review) (incredibly important in countries like Uzbekistan)
The Ultimate Adventure Bike Tool Kit
- We keep a separate bag for all our food. As we like riding off into the wilderness, we need to carry food for a few days.
- Easy to reach cutlery also lives in this bag
Read more on Packing for Motorcycle Travel
Thanks for checking out our Packing List Guide. We hope you enjoyed it! Here’s a few more articles on packing and preparing for a motorcycle journey that we recommend you read next.
Liked that? Try these...
START: Check out this packed Motorcycle Travel Database
BIKE: Get your bike adventure ready with the Motorcycle Preparation Guides
DESTINATIONS: Comprehensive Country Guides for motorcycle travellers
FORUM: Advice, chat and travel info on the Motorcycle Travel Forum.