Wondering where we’re going and where we’ve been? So are we! Here’s what we’re doing and how we’re doing it with a nifty route map too
The plan is to ride round-the-world and explore!
But the world isn’t that easy when it comes to vehicle paperwork. Some countries require ridiculously expensive documents and some won’t let you in without a compulsory guide (like China and Myanmar).
So, our route is going to be a little messy. We don’t want to miss anywhere out and will double-back on ourselves by shipping the bike backwards to start a new route.
We’ll also ship our motorcycle ahead and store it so we can buy, sell, and rent other bikes to avoid fees in some countries and backpack through others.
We’re going to travel that way because we don’t want to just tick countries of a list.
We want to really get to know a place before we move on and that means spending time there and travelling overland.
And we hope the guides, blogs and travel tips we write on each country we travel through will help you explore those places too!
Here are the four stages of our trip
STAGE 1: UK to Japan: COMPLETE (January 1 2018 – January 1 2019)
- Europe, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Mongolia, Japan, South Korea.
STAGE 2: Nepal to New Zealand
- South Asia, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand
STAGE 3: North America to South America
- Northern tip of Alaska, USA to southern tip of Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina, South America
STAGE 4: South Africa to North Africa
- As many countries as we can in Africa and the surrounding islands
STAGE 5: Spain to Nordkapp
- Europe, Balkans, Eastern and Northern Europe, Scandinavia, Russia
Check out where we’ve been below!
Click on the countries to visit our guides and blogs. And please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about route planning or the places we’ve been!